Developing a language strategy is integral to any global organisation. English language is often considered to be the language of commerce and business. Many international corporations that seek to engage the English speaking business community, or those that operate in different countries, often use English as the common language. This means that such organisations require staff to be fluent and competent in the use of English language, and so look to draw up a language proficiency strategy, to assess language capabilities across the organisation.
We can design a corporate English training solution for your organisation based on your goals and unique requirements.
How we can help?
- Customise programmes to suit requirements and sectors
- Progress reporting available for all course participants
- Individual lessons and group courses
- All levels catered for - from beginners to advanced
- Online learning available in combination with the course
- Native English speaking tutors
Our accreditation service is designed to allow your organisation to accredit your own in-house training programmes, through our partnership with ILM (Institute of Leadership and Management.) This means that your bespoke programmes can gain international recognition and prestige, accredited programmes are written and owned by your organisation. We will provide expert feedback about how you can enhance your learning programmes into a specification that has measurable learning outcomes and assessment criteria.
Our Accreditation Services
As an accredited ILM Centre we can offer expert advice and guidance to build customised programmes that can attract ILM recognition status. We can provide expert feedback to ensure that your courses are bespoke, flexible and reflect your organizational requirements. The Instiute for leadership and management (ILM) is the UK’s leading provider of leadership, coaching and management qualifications and training.
The benefits of accrediting your in house programmes
- Add Value and recognition
- Give that competitive Advantage
- Depending on the awarding body participating staff can become a member of related professional body
- Access to additional learning resources and materials to continue workplace learning
- A culture of investing in staff learning and development
- Can provide internationally recognized qualification or award
- Getting the right mix of inspirational leadership and effective management skills and practices can have a significant impact on organisational performance in terms of profit, sales, growth and survival.
Practical assessment - not just theory
Assessment is a key measure of management and leadership skills learning. ILM’s approach to work-based learning and assessment enables managers to apply and demonstrate their knowledge, skills and awareness to a real-life workplace challenge. Our programs mean you can assess their development and see them make a real-world impact on your organisation even before their course is finished
- share advice and find hot topics and research
ILM Organisational Case Studies
A leading social housing provider based in the Surrey UK, Raven Housing Association wanted to deliver a package of training for their management team across all departments. A key focus for the organisation was that all managers across the organisation gain a professional management qualification. They also wanted to combine this with their own in house training programme, and gain recognition for this. DSM after detailed consultation with Raven, effectively mapped the modules of the organisations existing induction and management development programmes with the ILM Level 3 Certificate in leadership and management. DSM provided training design, delivery, coaching and certification to support the year long programme.
Delivering ILM Customised programmes internationally
Working in partnership with Leapership Consultants, DSM designed and delivered a leadership development programme, for senior executives at the Kuwait based ‘The Sultan Centre’. The executive programme was designed with a keen view on the organisations priorities, focusing on the skills required to enable their senior executives to meet the demands of their roles. In consultation, a 1 year programme was designed which incorporated the ILM level 7 leadership and management Diploma framework, as well as customized content pertinent to the organisation. The participants were drawn from Oman, Lebanon and Kuwait, DSM’s leadership consultants flew bi-monthly to Kuwait to deliver training and consultation services, which was further supported by ILM accredited E-coach.
Start a discussion about your requirements today:
Accreditation Contact Form
Performance management is a process by which managers and employees work together to plan, monitor and review an employee’s work objectives and overall contribution to the organization. More than just an annual performance review, performance management is the continuous process of setting objectives, assessing progress and providing on-going coaching and feedback to ensure that employees are meeting their objectives and career goals. The principle goal of performance management is to improve employee effectiveness, it is a continuous process, and it should also incorporate an authentic appreciation of employee well-being and growth. We view key areas that impact on performance, and work to help organisations address these key areas:
Building Effective Teams
“Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.”
Effective team work is key to the successful operation of your organisation, building strong teams is the basis of high performance.
As Andrew Carnegie states
"Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results."
Employee Well Being
Researchers have long established the linked between the success of an organisation and having a workforce that is healthy and productive. A productive, healthy and motivated workforce should never be underestimated. Development of an organisational culture that recognises the value of employee well -being, rather than focussing solely on the “ bottomline”, indicates a recognition of this vital link. Furthermore such a shift in organisational culture, should look at moving away from focussing on stress and the containment of stress to well-being in general, lends itself to a more proactive approach.
The promotion of wellbeing in the workplace enables organisation to recruit and retain talent, demonstrating that they see employee well- being as a key business investment rather than a costly staff rewards.
The well-being of staff in an organisations should be a business priority in order to more effectively ensure that the workforce are happy and healthy, which in turn tends to reap the rewards of a more committed and productive workforce.
Personal resilience is the capacity to maintain wellbeing and work performance under pressure, including being able to bounce-back from setbacks effectively. Our natural resilience is a combination of personal characteristics and learned skills - but most importantly the quality can always be developed whatever an individual's starting point; and in times of change and growth it's becoming increasingly important for individual and business performance.
Emotional intelligence is a necessary requirement for today’s leaders, managers and anyone who wants to understand more about how emotions impact on people; how we choose the impact of our behaviour . Daniel Goleman, a renowned psychologist, identifies the core competencies of emotional intelligence as self-awareness, self-regulation, self-motivation, empathy and social skills. Understanding your own emotions and how this impacts others, managing them and creating behaviours that encourage others to follow your lead is vital for your success as a manager and a leader.
Stress is a state of mental or emotional strain or tension resulting from adverse or demanding circumstances , or reaction to change. Stress inducing triggers, situations are an inevitable part of our lives. As a potential factor influencing work performance, individuals and organisations are more focussed on the need for effective stress management.
How we can help
- We can design and deliver training/workshops to equip managers and leaders to effectively manage performance within their teams/departments. Our business development programmes focus on improving operations through service improvement, and the systematic review.
- Bitesize training clinics
- Therapeutic support – from a range of approaches
- Coaching for managers and leaders specifically targeting performance management challenges. Specifically looking at their role in helping the business achieve its goals with the dual demand of empowering staff to perform at the highest levels.
- Use of psychometric tools to profile behaviours, and analyse strengths, and areas for development within teams, departments and the organisation as a whole. Easy to read reports that enable a good view of skills, traits, preferences and behaviours of individuals that can be the building blocks for interventions.
- Implementation and management of 360 degree assessment and feedback process. This can be as a one off, or embedded in the whole performance management strategy.
We work with HR professionals, managers, and leaders to develop and implement their resourcing strategy. Recruitment, selection and talent retention is at the heart of any successful high performing organisation. Formulation of a talent management strategy that is mapped effectively to the goals/objectives and culture of the organisation can bring about the development of a cohesive and effective workforce.
“Talent consists of those individuals who can make a difference to organisational performance either through their immediate contribution or, in the longer-term, by demonstrating the highest levels of potential.” We seek to partner with organisations to achieve this very aim."
How we can help
- Design and development of effective training programmes
- Design of competency framework
- Executive recruitment and selection
- Assesses employees to identify talent and support personal growth
- Psychometric assessments to support organisational change initiatives
- Assessment/development centres
- 360 Degree assessment and feedback
- Executive coaching
Transform your career by obatining one of our internationally recognised qualifications from level 2 to MBA, we have a qualfication programme that is suitable for you
All courses provide excellent routes into UK university undergraduate and post graduate programmes, ensuring international recognition for your studies.
We offer ILM accredited Leadership and Management, Coaching and Mentoring qualifications.
We have also launched our comprenehsive Executive combined MBA programme - http://trainwithdsm.com/qualifications/mba
- FLEXIBLE You can study at your own pace, anywhere in the world...
- INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITION You can work towards programmes that are recognized by Universities and employers alike....
- EXPERT SUPPORT & GUIDANCE With the support of your allocated e-coach you will receive all you need to succeed....
You will be working towards credits for undergraduate and post graduate programmes recognized in the UK and internationally...
We can deliver our range of professional internationally recognised qualifications within your organisation
~Establish A Learning Academy in your Organisation - call us now to discuss your requirements
Our University Partners
Our professional qualfications allow you to gain university transfer credits at undergraduate and graduate level,
providing recognised university pathway progression
We have many university partners including:
- Anglia Ruskin University
- Southampton Solent University
- University of Sunderland London Campus
- Northampton University
- Coventry University
- Cardiff Metropolitan University
- University of Bolton
- University of Bedfordshire
- Prince Edward Island University
Contact Us for more information