BOOST YOUR MANAGEMENT SKILLS - WITH A COACHING QUALFICATION
Coaching is considered to be a powerful tool for developing, and motivating staff, this qualification provides you with the tools to employ coaching and mentoring in your organisations.
The importance of a coaching qualification
As well as increasing confidence and motivations, ILM’s coaching and mentoring qualifications improve management performance, conflict resolution and communication and interpersonal skill. According to ILM research "95% of learning and development managers say that coaching has delivered tangible benefits to their business".
Who should attend?
- There are no formal entry requirements. This qualification is designed for people in their first management roles – including team leaders and first-line managers. Get the tools and confidence to coach or mentor people as part of your normal working role.
Key Benefits of the Course and Progression
- Learn about coaching and mentoring as powerful development tools
- Understand the role and responsibilities of an effective coach and mentor
- Explore different coaching and/or mentoring models
- Put your skills into practice - carry out supervised coaching and/or mentoring
- Implement coaching and mentoring in your organisation
- Ensure the managers you develop as coaches and mentors are properly equipped with the skills, knowledge and ethical understanding they need to be effective
- Create a coaching and mentoring culture in your organisation.
Successful learners can progress to a range of qualifications including:
▶ ILM Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and/or Mentoring
An ILM level 3 Qualification can also support your career progression and promotion and demonstrates to employers your skills in management and your ability to effectively develop staff.
To achieve this qualification you will need to complete two mandatory units which are 6 credits, and then 10 credits from 10 credits from group 1 or two. This allows you to specialise in coaching or mentoring, depending on where your interest lies.
- Understanding Good Practice in Workplace Coaching
- Understanding Good Practice in Workplace Mentoring
- Undertaking an Extended Period of Coaching in the Workplace - 36 hours of supervised coaching is required
- Reflecting on Workplace Coaching Skills
- Undertaking an Extended Period of Mentoring in the Workplace - 36 hours of supervised mentoring is required
- Reflecting on Workplace Mentoring Skills
As part of your qualification, you will be required to complete an assessment in relation to all of the units on your programme. ILM’s approach to assessment is to ensure that it enables you apply and demonstrate their knowledge, skills and awareness to real-life workplace challenges.
In order to obtain this prestigious and highly recognised qualification, you will need to complete an assessment for each unit, which is usually 1 assessment per unit. Assessments can be taken in a variety of formats, from presentations to written reports.
- You will also be required to undertake 36 hours of supervised coaching or mentoring with a coachee or mentee.
Resources and Support
As part of this course you will be provided with the essential requirements for success! You will be allocated an experienced and expert Leadership E-coach who will provide support and guidance throughout your course. They will assist you with the completion of your assessments, providing feedback and support. You will also be provided with access to a range of resources, both online and hard copy materials. As part of the course you will receive complimentary ILM studying membership, the benefits of which include:
- Complimentary subscription to Edge magazine, the Institute's leadership and management magazine
- The Ci Zone, free access to a suite of interactive career development tools and resources.
- The Resource Centre brings you the access to latest leadership and management thinking through a free online catalogue of e-books, business books summaries and thousands of e-journal articles.
- The LearningZonehas over 400 digital learning resources covering essential management and leadership topics, many of which have been mapped to directly support learners on the ILM programmes.
- Full access to the ILM Insight – where managers, leaders, HR professionals, training experts,
- academics and opinion-formers come to network, share advice and find hot topics and research.
What is included in the cost?
• Registration and certification
• Course materials/handbook/e-learning resources
• ILM Studying Membership
• Assessment marking and feedback on assessments
An allocated Coach who provides support and guidance throughout the course
Training days (for FAST TRACK and INTENSIVE ONLY)
Team Leader – SCOPE
“This was a great opportunity for me to really hone in on my management skills and to think about the type of manager I am, and the type of manager I want to be, and how I can develop myself further”
Signer - RNIB
“This course has taught me a lot, I am interested in doing the level 5 and perhaps exploring working as a freelance coach”
Engineer – NG Baileya
If you would like to deliver this programme within your company we can customise according to your needs please get in touch to discuss your needs
Book The Course Today!
FAST TRACK - 23rd to 24th MAY 2018